The number one cause of mold is high moisture in the form of unresolved water damage or high relative humidity. Mold can also manifest due to unprofessional drying techniques from a previous water damage.
Signs of the presence of excessive mold include:
- The presence of visible mold.
- Strong, musty odors.
- Any evidence of past moisture problems that might have caused undetected mold growth. Depending on the type of mold, the immune system, and the length of exposure, mold can present a health concern for you and your family, as well as the damage it causes to your property. Please be aware that extreme caution must be taken when dealing with any kind of mold contamination and arrange for professionals to conduct mold removal and mold remediation as soon as the presence of mold is identified.
StinkInc® is licensed and insured to address your mold removal, which we determine by an on-site, indoor environmental inspection. In most water damage situations, mold growth is not a problem, and StinkInc® Professionals can safely restore your home or business to pre-loss condition with the following procedures:
- Mold inspection and remediation
- Referral of industrial hygiene services
- Establish containment for mold work area including negative air pressure and HEPA filtration
To learn more, StinkInc® recommends reviewing the materials provided by the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency at http://www.epa.gov/mold. Also recommended is data provided by NY State’s Department of Health here.
Call StinkInc® today to discuss your needs or to schedule a no obligation inspection. 303.761.5414 .